Saturday, June 30, 2018

Small business owner and self defense

I live in NC. My father runs a small shop and recently he repossessed a vehicle of "Mike." My dad will fix cars and sell vehicles on liens. Mike hadn't payed his car in 4 months and blocked my dad's number. My dad went and repossessed the car after filing the appropriate paperwork. Since the lien was in my name, I went to go look at the condition of the car. It was in horrible condition and had loads of trash, clothes, CDs, and marijuana perefinelia in it. We threw all of it away.

Mike showed up to my dad's shop on Friday with some BS story about how he had been out of town for months and claimed he had $1000 of stuff in the car. Mike says my dad has until Monday before he comes and "beats the shit out of him, you don't know who you're fucking with, yadda yadda."

My dad is passive and says he's not worried, he'll call the cops if the guy shows up. I'm worried for him and offered to give him my shotgun so he has some method of defense. Is that a bad idea, and what else should I do?



Submitted June 30, 2018 at 08:30PM by JayTheTico https://ift.tt/2lOaSCh

No comments:

Post a Comment