Thursday, June 21, 2018

Self Defense Fund: disappointing...


A few months ago I decided to sign up with Self Defense Fund. When they emailed me my membership information, the first thing that stuck out is that they do NOT encrypt their passwords. It sent me my username and the password that I set in plain text... which is terrible security practice (especially for a legal fund like this...).For the past week I've been trying to log in to their website to cancel my membership, as I've moved to a state that doesn't support my rights (rip), and it constantly redirected to the login page with no error. This is across multiple devices, on various days. So today I called. Without giving him any information, the man said "that's probably because your card was declined," even though I've properly been billed every month. Then he said that he would take my name and cancel the membership later today, even though he implied I was not currently a member due to a non-existent billing issue, and said "you've already done everything you need to" which was nothing at this point.This was a very strange experience. I've only seen positive reviews of SDF on this sub. Has anyone else run into this? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2KakWU4

No comments:

Post a Comment