Saturday, June 23, 2018

Just got out of a drawing from concealment class


A local Krav Maga establishment held a drawing from concealment class. There was a mix of about 13 - 15 men and women of all sizes and backgrounds. The instructor is retired police and Krav Maga instructor. No ammo allowed inside and all firearms checked at the door. I really loved that you got to utilize your own firearm. Some things I learned. 1. I should train more in these types of real world environments. It's been many many years since I've done any real physical hand to hand training. 2. My CCW set up (9mm Shield, Raw Dog Tactical IWB holster and Aker Gun belt) performed very well. 3. It is absolutely possible to train yourself to draw, take your manual safety off, and fire even under duress or while wrestling for the gun. I've always been a little fearful of how that might go but I train to the point of failure on drawing, safety goes off, gun goes bang. Every time. 4. It was very physical. I've got a busted lip, twisted knee, and scratched up but that's how it would be in the real world. 5. You can never tell who might be carrying and where. Several people came in (even the little small women) and I thought they must not have brought their firearm with them but sure enough they'd be appendix carrying a Bodyguard 380 or something. Just goes to show you can never really tell.Overall it was fun. I'd like to do it again. Stay salty my friends! via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2yBwwDg

No comments:

Post a Comment