Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Getting over AD fear with X-draw? Different carry positions for the vehicle?


I've been carrying concealed for 20+ years. First, less than legally as a pizza delivery driver who'd been robbed and assaulted multiple times. I've carried licensed and legally for the last 10+ years. I grew up with firearms, hunting and with LEOs as family friends. I'm capable, responsible, confident, and not complacent.I've always carried at the 5 o'clock position, round in chamber, and never had a concern about an AD.However, recent events have driven me to consider how I carry in my car and while seated, and I've moved to a cross-draw for my Kahr PM9. But now I struggle with the fact that I've got a 9mm pointed at my femoral artery and my wedding tackle. I've read about the likelihood of an AD with a PM9, which is next to nil, and I'm extremely cautious while holstering, and very conscious of the position of my finger while drawing. But I still can't get over the fear of accidentally shooting off my manhood, or suffering a quickly fatal wound.So, how do I get over the fear? Or is there a better alternative to vehicle carry that doesn't force me to re-holster when getting in and out of the car? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2tKAxj7

No comments:

Post a Comment