Friday, June 8, 2018

Weird question don't upvote


I recently noticed an issue firing my smaller guns that I've never had with a larger handgun.I was at the range with my Glock 43 and LCP II and noticed both, on more than one occasion, had some type of failure to feed, go into battery, or eject after the first or second round, but only when firing hollow points. With FMJ rounds they didn't have any problems, and the problem with hollow points was consistently on the first or second shot - the rest of the mag would always cycle fine. I noticed it with more than one type of ammo, and also noticed that if I switched the first round in the magazine (the one that would go into the chamber after the first shot is fired) to an FMJ, the issue also disappeared. To have this same issue with two separate guns, one of which is a glock and thus very reputable, concerned me a lot but also led me to believe it's possibly an ammunition issue rather than a hardware issue.Has anyone ever experienced this before? Looking for ways to troubleshoot short of sending them off to a manufacture. Made sure to go home and clean/oil both guns after. Want to make sure if I ever do have to shoot one of the guns I carry I don't die because the gun jammed after the first shot. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2LznuYX

No comments:

Post a Comment