Friday, June 1, 2018

May bring a firearm during a visit to CA. Got some questions?


I may visit friends in California this summer and I want to make sure I'm staying within the law while I do so. I've casually looked over some of California's laws regarding transporting a firearm in my car before but my memory is a bit hazy and I'd like to be absolutely certain about what I need to do. My concerns are as follows:As far as I understand, I'll be in the clear if I make a stop before crossing state lines to unload my firearm and place it in a locked case. Do I need to store the magazine/ammo separately? Are there any other bits of pertinent info while driving, such as duty to inform?When I arrive at my hotel room or my friend's place am I clear to reload and keep my gun handy? I would prefer not to rely on hotel security if some crazy person is banging on my door in the middle of the night. If, God forbid, I have to defend my life, do I have a duty to retreat?I've also heard about an approved gun list. Will this potentially affect my travel plans?I'm not opposed to looking up the laws myself but I'm not sure where to start and I don't want to miss something important. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2J6zFvo

No comments:

Post a Comment