Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Kore Essentials Trakline vs Ratchet Gun Belt


I've been carrying with a Kore Essentials Trakline for a bit over a year now, and have just recently been having some issues with the durability of the belt. One of the two Trakline belts I've been wearing has had splitting in both the stiffener and the external leather, and the buckle has had a loose pin which very recently fell out at some point where I wasn't aware of it, basically meaning the buckle is unusable.I in no way mean to drag Kore through the mud. The belts were probably the most comfortable carry belt I've ever worn, and does a great job of not looking like a carry belt, whether I'm carrying at that moment or not. And besides, some times defects happen; it isn't indicative of their quality as a whole. Plus, Kore has done a fantastic job at taking care of me during this whole thing: I've got another belt and buckle on the way to replace the defective ones, in spite of the fact that I'm a month out of warranty. I'm very happy with Kore as a company.But I've also been told about the Ratchet Gun Belts, and their significantly higher price tag. They definitely look like they're high quality, and I'm considering them when I'm able to afford one, if I have future troubles with the Kore belts (though, again, they're handling that excellently). My main concern is whether or not they're going to be worth literally double of what the Kore belts cost. They seem to be of a very similar design, and while the leather they use certainly seems to be higher grade, I have no hands-on experience with them, and I'm curious as to whether they're worth the higher price tag, compared to the Kores. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2JcIbgK

No comments:

Post a Comment