Saturday, June 2, 2018

First time traffic violation with CCW


I frequent this subreddit often, and I sometimes see posts about law enforcement experiences. I live in Connecticut, and today I was pulled over for failure to wear a seatbelt. I had played over in my head a thousand times how to handle being pulled over, and I was a bumbling mess as expected. I had a car in front of me and also that small window of opportunity to slip on the belt, but I pulled a bit too hard, and the locking mechanism kicked in. Pulled up to the officer and acknowledged the obvious, and asked if I should pull over - it was the entrance ramp to I95. I have visual representation “stickers” that I probably have a firearm, or at the very least support anyone who does carry. The officer asked where I was headed and I replied that I was nervous because I had a loaded firearm in the vehicle. He asked what I carry, and I told him a Bodyguard 380 along with the other pistols in my gun safe in the hatch. I was actually going to the range on my way back from my errands. The 380 was in the armrest. I asked if it was okay to open my glove box and retrieve my license, insurance and registration. Received my $92 ticket and never once discussed the firearm. The only thing the trooper said was that I was doing what I shoud with regard to letting him know I had a loaded firearm. His posture, and demeanor never changed. So, I guess it was a positive experience. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2xBGjIL

No comments:

Post a Comment