Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Sig P238 New Gun Owner review 23yr/f


So when I say “New Gun Owner” I really mean “New Handgun Owner.” I shot clay pigeons for a few years with my dad, then shot in .22 rifle competitions for 4 years. I decided to dive into CCW after being confronted with the reality that I was not prepared to defend myself in an attack. That being said, I spent a lot of time researching handguns that would be a good fit for me and purchased a Sig P238 Sport 12.Concealability: Let me start by saying, on a man, I have utmost certainty that this weapon can become completely invisible IWB or pocket carry. I am a more slim woman and this gun conceals very well on me around 1:00, 4:00, and small of the back. However 2 to 3 o’clock was very uncomfortable and did not conceal well. There is also no way this could fit in my pocket. I don’t carry a purse but if I did I’m sure this would fit most mid-size purses well.Comfort & Ease of Use: My weak hands have absolutely no issue racking the slide on this bad little gun, it’s very easy to operate. The Sport model I got came with very comfortable rubber grips and an extended mag which allows me to get all three fingers on the weapon comfortably. Another plus I found was that the mag springs aren’t too stiff so loading it up is quick and easy. The manual safety was a little stiff at first but after some dry fire practice and range time it comes off easy.Safety Features: This one’s quick. It has a manual safety that must be taken off before pulling the SAO trigger. There’s also a firing pin block which makes the exposed hammer non-threatening. Condition 1 is the only condition I recommend with most firearms but there’s really no other way to carry this gun if you wanted to.Accuracy: For such a short barrel (about 2.7 inches) this gun is extremely accurate. I shot at 10, 15, and 25 feet. While most defensive shots will only happen within 10 feet, I still wanted to test the range of these sights. All shots hit the target, nice small groups up close, spread a little more with each interval of footage but still close enough to where I aimed that I’d consider it a great contender for these compact guns.Recoil: Remember how I said I have weak hands? Well same thing goes for wrists. I shot about 100 rounds the first range session and I didn’t feel any pain at all. The same could not be said when firing just 5 rounds of 9mm from a p938 and 3 rounds of 9mm from an XDS. But I could easily shoot the p238 without wrist pain. The recoil feels just a little more than .22 lr, and it wasn’t as snappy as I expected it to be either.TL;DR: Great gun for either gender but women who are newer to firearms will defiantly feel in control of this weapon, easy to operate, accurate, with low recoil. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2CvmPqv

No comments:

Post a Comment