Friday, January 26, 2018

Review: T.Rex Arms Sidecar (G19 & G43)


Since I recently received my 2nd T.Rex Arms Sidecar, a larger light and optics compatible one for my G19, I've decided to take some pictures and write a little blurb about them. This will be entirely product focused and as objective as I can be.Personal DetailsMale -- 5'8" -- 145lb -- 30" WaistJeans; Lucky Brand, 121 Heritage Slim, 32x32Belt; Volund Gearworks, 1.5" Atlas G-Hook, Ranger Green, MediumFirearm DetailsGlock 43 -- Trijicon HD Irons -- Taran +2 Base PadsGlock 19 -- Trijicon RM06 -- Trijicon Suppressor Height Irons -- Inforce APLc -- Taran +2 Base PadsCOMFORTWhile standing, walking, and jogging both holsters ride well with no movement from the holsters resting position. While sitting, if slightly leaned back, the pistol-side wing of the rig tends to put pressure into my pelvis. I have a low resting waistline, this might be the cause of this discomfort. However, when sitting with straight posture, both wings of the rig fit into my pelvic channel and I experience zero discomfort other than the pressure of knowing that something is there. I have yet to make a long drive with my G19 rig, but I have driven multiple 5+ hour trips with my G43 and did not feel the need to remove the holster. Bending over, as with most AIWB holsters, requires you to drop one knee to prevent pressure to the lower abdomenCONCEALMENTBoth holsters conceal considerably well for my body type. I have carried AIWB and various strong-side IWB locations, AIWB being my preference due to my low riding waistline causing most other locations to print significantly. Before my G19 holster arrived, I had earmarked it for light jacket or sweatshirt weather carry. Now after wearing both, I am very happy to discover that I can carry the G19 more frequently, leaving the lower utility / lower capacity G43 for T-Shirt weather.PICTURESG43; Concealed Front -- Concealed Angled -- Top Down POVG19; Concealed Front -- Concealed Angled + Tactical Cat -- Top Down POVPRICE & LEAD TIMEG43 Sidecar$105.00 with Flatrate Shipping35 Days from order placed to product shippedG19 Light-Compatible Sidecar -$140.00 with Flatrate Shipping12 Days from order placed to product shippedSidenote; the G19 holster did ship considerably faster than its counterpart, however the claw was attached still facing outward but on the underside of the holster. This was not a huge deal, as a few minutes with a screw driver corrected the issue.Overall, I'm very pleased with the products themselves, they fit me and my needs very well. Barring breakage, I do not see myself needing to replace either holster with something else. On a blind test, I would not hesitate to recommend either of these to anyone interested in an AIWB holster with the ability to carry a spare mag.Thank you for reading and if you have any questions or requests I'll be happy to answer. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2FlX75w

No comments:

Post a Comment