Sunday, January 28, 2018

Stupid training habits: Moving towards the target as you shoot it.


I see this a lot on the range and in various classes I have attended.Guy stands on the firing line, draws his pistol, starts shooting at the target WHILE moving straight towards it. Why?If you are a LEO or military then sure, I can see reasons for this but as a civilian with a CCW I cant see the point of this.Yes, movement is great but out of all the directions you can move I believe that moving directly towards it is pretty dumb. The human body can soak up a lot of bullets and still function and there exist many videos of thugs still fighting after being shot several times. Why move closer to the thug and give him a better chance to get to you? Then your either making it a fight for your gun or dealing with his knife or even him with a gun.Yes move but move to the sides. This gets you away from the thug and makes it harder for them to either reach you or shoot you if they have a weapon. If you ever visit the range then chances are you are a better shot than the person attacking you so why negate that tactical advantage?Maybe I'm just missing something here.Here is an example, start at 0:17 https://youtu.be/QWghyqgXcIo?t=16The ONLY time I can see a need for this is if the only cover is directly a few feet in front of you but thats unlikely and that reason has never been emphasised at any class I have taken that taught this.I did ask one instructor what the point was and he replied "You need to take the fight to him." Seems like a silly answer to me. Later that day during force or force we all instinctively moved two the sides while shooting and heading to cover.Anyways, just my .02 cents. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2BziyOs

No comments:

Post a Comment