Wednesday, January 31, 2018

What do you guys think about carrying a pistol with no holster?


First off, this question isn't for me. I prefer carry in a hard kydex holster that completely covers the trigger guard, so don't hop on the downvote train yet.I have a buddy who I have introduced to conceal and carry and he plans to carry something like a Glock 43 or M&P Shield with a "clip holster" - http://ift.tt/2DN9UOd few questions I asked to clarify his intended setup:"Are you going to have a trigger guard?"No."Are you going to carry +1 in the chamber?"Yes."Do you intend to buy a pistol with a manual safety at least?"Of course, why wouldn't I?The point I tried to make to him is that I feel it is still an unsafe setup, although it is better he still wants to run his setup with a safety. Personally, I'd rather run a setup with a striker-fired pistol, hard kydex holster completely covering the trigger, and no manual safety. He sees this as completely negligent because "a gun with out a safety is unsafe." I believe safety comes from the user, not the tool. I think his setup is dangerous because his belt could accidentally disengage his safety and he may shoot off his baby dick. I'm trying to convince him to at least get a trigger guard.What are your thoughts r/ccw? I'm hoping I may be able to show him this post to convince him. Maybe we both may learn a thing or too.Thanks! via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2EqtctK

No comments:

Post a Comment