Monday, January 29, 2018

P365 ran great today (so did the G19)


Alright, I promise last one of these. I'm sure a few folks are saying, "enough with the damn P365 already!"In case you missed them, here's my first range notes where I describe multiple FTFs with the new gun: http://ift.tt/2rO2IzH that outing I immediately field stripped and cleaned, removing as much trace of the factory grease as possible. I left a generous coating of CLP in all the important places (inside mag included). Today (a couple days later) I hit the range again. I shot 110 rounds and not one FTF. I did discover that if I let my thumbs ride too high they can interfere with the slide lock lever or the slide itself and prevent the slide from locking out of battery at the end of a mag. But consciously keeping my thumbs down resolved this issue.Shout out to the Glock fans that have been tracking my adventures. My buddy showed up with a never fired, fresh in the box G19. We got 40-50 rounds through it no problem. So, ok, reasonable to expect a gun to run reliably out of the box. But it also did not have the ridiculous amount of white grease that my P365 had from the factory.Given the experience the journalists had at the press event in Exeter and now my own experience with the factory lube, I'd say this gun is sensitive to the amount and viscosity of lube used on it. They taught me to use CLP on my P320 at Sig Academy, so that is all my P365 will be seeing going forward.Last note, shot my BG380 today as well. I could not hit the broad side of a barn with the damn thing today and my hand was sore after a couple dozen rounds. Not dissing this reliable, affordable little gun, but it did highlight how great a fit the P365 is for me. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2GuEgH4

No comments:

Post a Comment