Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Update: The bad day has ended


Or: No free gun for meOriginal PostGood news: Talked to the police because Washington state does have a finders keepers law and firearms are not excluded.Bad news: The owner has already been found and claimed it.To answer a few inquiries and address a few comments:There was always a no-guns policy at my job. I had merely missed it the last time I looked at the employee handbook.The office is taking it better than I thought with only a little alarmism.Though they couldn't tell me the owner's name, he was pretty much what I thought from what I gathered from the police: A CPL holder who made a big mistake and had no ill intent. That's why I handled it - everything about the totality of the situation screamed "not a crime gun, just a mistake" and I felt by handling it I could minimize the risk of someone untrained handling a loaded gun.I wasn't trying to be a hero; I was trying to keep my job. Possession of a firearm on company property is grounds for disciplinary action and I didn't want to conceal it from anyone since the group here is so open.I don't know everyone in the office and I don't know who is gun-friendly so I didn't feel I could figure out the owner on my own without concealing anything from interested parties.I turned it in to lost and found because I assumed it belonged to someone in the company and we could skip the police step. That turned out to not be the case.I didn't get to see the shame face of the owner. That is my great regret. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2GvHtpI

No comments:

Post a Comment