Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Racking the slide with one hand?


I understand that shooting the gun one handed and manipulating the gun one handed is a very important thing to practice for numerous reasons. I have seen all of the techniques for racking the slide and reloading. Welp, I actually have one hand and have a question for you guys. Yesterday I was doing a ‘check slide’ and thought to myself there has to be a safer more consistent way to do this. It all boils down to this. Can I use an optic like a red dot sight to rack the slide? For example I have a nub, about two inches below the elbow and plenty of strength to rack the slide. If fact I was able to successfully rack the slide just using the iron sights on my nub, but it hurt and is not practical for me. Is there any risk or concerns to continuously using an optic to rack the slide? I believe that I would be able to position the optic behind my nub and rack the slide that way faster and safer. Thanks via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2E1cB28

No comments:

Post a Comment