Sunday, January 28, 2018

Just took a great ccw course


TL;DR: If you are within 5-6 hours of Birmingham; sign up for a class with Talon today.I got my ccw license in TN 5 years ago. For five years I’ve strapped up and thought I was good. I have some flat range time a few times a year to keep up etc.A friend of mine gets me to sign up for a course by Chase Jenkins with Takon Defense in Birmingham, AL. Two day concealed carry training course. 8-9 hours sat. 8-9 hours Sunday. Kicked. My. Ass.If any of you cats are near bham (I drove about 2.5 hours to get there), consider doing one of his courses. He mostly does LEO/MIL/FBI training, but his open enrollment courses are legit. I cannot recommend highly enough.The best part about it was that it gave me the chance to see how unprepared I was (particularly with my equipment setup). It wasn’t that he told me it was crap or told me to buy this or that; it was actually running the handgun didn’t cut it with what I had. From the holster, to the rail mounted safety/decocker on my beretta, to my mag holster, to my belt (which isn’t a carry belt); IT DIDNT WORK.People can tell you in person or online that this or that is better, but I’m hard-headed. Until I saw my equipment make me take an extra couple of seconds to get in the fight compared to other people who had their gear down, I wouldn’t have listened.Chase is super legit and, though he says he’s impatient, he was crazy patient with many group of 7 that came down. We were mixed in with people who had been to his courses many times. None of us had had this training, so there was a huge gap in skill level. He handled it like a pro, and gave those vets a good class, while giving us a good class too. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2nhZZtU

No comments:

Post a Comment