Sunday, January 28, 2018

Minnesota brandishing?


No, not serving a steaming bowl of bran flakes.Curious how you all would interpret the law concerning brandishing. I watching a fake video about a guy driving during a road rage incident, and one dude points his handgun at the other driver and the other guy slams on the brakes. Yes, a fake/staged video but it got me thinking.Now lets be clear, this is something I’d never do. In my mind, if my weapon is coming out it’s for a damn good reason, not to play Dirty Harry.So after watching that video, there were tons of comments on it about brandishing being illegal and so forth. It made me curious what the legality of it was in MN. I found the following page:http://ift.tt/2nfb8LZ the text it clearly states that any person who: “(2) intentionally points a gun of any kind, capable of injuring or killing a human being and whether loaded or unloaded, at or toward another” would be guilty of a misdemeanor.The only other place in the text I could find anything about “brandishing” was in reference to while on school property with a replica firearm or BB gun.My question is this: since the above quoted text says “intentionally points toward another”, does that mean a person could technically - in a potentially dangerous situation - perhaps say lift up a shirt to indicate that they are armed? Doing so is clearly not pointing a firearm at anyone.Yes, I do understand the complications of “escalating” situations and legalities therein. When the safest and easiest path is to just remove yourself from the situation that is always the best choice, but we all know that sometimes that isn’t an option.Thoughts? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2Bz9sRP

No comments:

Post a Comment