Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Home Defense Strategy?


First off, I apologize if this has been debated extensively before; I just can't find any similar threads or articles on the subject which is why I decided to ask it separately.The question is one of self-defense in the home, in the type of the rule (1) of this sub: What is a good home-defense strategy during a break-in? Do you barricade yourself with your HD weapon of choice and let the cops clear the house? Do you investigate the disturbance yourself? Is there a third strategy I'm not thinking of?I'm not talking about a minor bump-in-the-night (which could easily be a raccoon digging through the trash); I mean a case where a break-in is pretty much a for-sure thing (and the fear for justified self-defense is presumed in most places)? If it was just a bump-in-the-night, I'd just go check it out.A different way to ask the same question is: if you're in a castle doctrine state, for example, does that mean you only have no duty to retreat inside your home? Does that rule give you the right to "confront" someone inside your home (and if a shooting happens, it happens)? If you did, would a claim of self-defense fail some "avoidance" test (even if it's in your own house)?I've seen two major schools of thought with this, and want to know what you all think. Any good articles on this supporting one method or some other method would be appreciated. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2Cxdn6i

No comments:

Post a Comment