Friday, January 5, 2018

Concealed Carry At Disney


During a recent trip to Orlando I spent some time exploring the interwebs in order to determine the policies and measures in place at Disney's Magic Kingdom for firearms. I will carry anywhere I can legally do so unless there are measures in place that would prevent me from being able to appropriately conceal. Let it be known that I am new to Reddit so if I am doing something wrong, correct me. Most of my information came from (http://ift.tt/2m0t8bk) and the comments that followed. There has since been a news article discussing new measures that were implemented for security such as metal detection (http://ift.tt/1PdVzYI).Ultimately, I came to the decision that it was not worth trying to conceal and risk having to walk my happy butt back to the car and put it away. It took us almost 4 hours to get into the park yesterday but that's a whole other discussion, long story short, I am certain I will never return to this place.The weather yesterday was sunny but high of 53 so if I had carried it would have been in the concealment pocket of the 5.11 Patrol Jacket I was wearing. Upon approaching the bag check station they inspected my draw string bag which contained stuff from a diaper bag, they did not pay much attention to the details and briefly went through the contents. After this I was instructed to proceed through and never passed through any metal detection. There were a lot of people going through metal detectors but it seemed to either be at random or lack of instruction (another discussion for this nightmare of a place) causing people to voluntarily walk through them. We had 8 people in our party and not one of us passed through a metal detector. Bags were checked and then we passed through to the ticket counters. All in all, the only thing that was checked was my bag and I could have carried the entire day without anyone knowing. Moving forward I would conclude that if you make the decision to carry, be prepared to take it back to your vehicle because the chances of being caught at security are probably 50/50. Also note that their operating procedures may be impacted by the volume of people at security. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2m01BHc

No comments:

Post a Comment