Monday, August 7, 2017

"What would you do?" scenario loosely based on a recent experience.


Most WWYD scenarios I see on this sub I feel can be answered by a simple question: "Are/were you in fear for your life?". I've been pondering a scenario that I thought of a couple of days ago based off an experience I had at a very small local festival and I thought I'd share. I know that a lot of actions would depend on actually being there for a lot of people for them to feel out the situation, but bare with me:You are carrying. You decide to check out a small festival with your young family. There is a woman there (in her 60's) that has her own "ride" that allows children to ride live horses around in a circle. You decide to let your child ride one of the horses.The ride is next the woman's very small truck with mounted camper. While walking past her camper/truck, being the "head on a swivel type", you notice a VERY large and VERY obvious jar of marijuana sitting on her center console in plain site. You could easily see it from 10+ yards away. It's not a big deal though, because you're in a medical marijuana state and you're also the "mind your own business" type.You approach her and give her the cash to let your child on the ride. Suddenly she turns to her camper and shouts "Hey!!!".You look over and there are 5 or 6 teenagers making away from her vehicle with the large jar of weed. She starts after them, but they begin to run. She then draws, and begins firing. She has a full size. Plenty of rounds.What do you think you would do? Let her continue firing at the kids? She is a victim of a crime.Or use force to stop her from using lethal force against the kids? Using lethal force to protect personal property is illegal in this state. The area beyond her is clear.Typically, I would choose to keep out of all situations that don't involve me, especially when I'm with my family. Initially, before thinking this through, I would have done nothing. But after having thought it through now, I think I'd have to intervene to protect the kids.What are your thoughts? Let's also take a step back and pretend you aren't with your loved ones if that makes a difference. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2uAbPAs

No comments:

Post a Comment