Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Questions About Brandishing


So to my knowledge brandishing a firearm in any fashion is illegal, with that being said do you feel that there are circumstance where it would be acceptable. What made me think of this was while eating in Downtown Detroit, I was sitting at a window that had a sidewalk outside. While eating I had a homeless man come up to the window and tap on it with a large knife and gestured "I'm watching you" (pointing to his eyes and back at me) now I didn't feel fully threatened having glass between us. But also knowing I had to eventually exit the restaurant. I chose obviously to not brandish my firearm and just stay situationally aware of where he went and never felt too threatened by the situation. With that being said is there a point where brandishing a firearm maybe in your best interest (just one step shy of drawing) to attempt to diffuse a possible situation, or is your best bet avoidance at all cost and draw as a last resort. And say I had shown in attempts to defuse, what are the legal repercussions, would a LEO understand? Simply asking for opinions. Stay safe out there. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2vpb1lP

No comments:

Post a Comment