Monday, August 7, 2017

Question about moving to Texas with a Virginia Resident Concealed Handgun Permit


Hello everyone! I recently moved from Virginia to San Antonio, Texas but have yet to establish permanent residency here (living in a hotel at the moment). I have a Virginia Resident Concealed Handgun Permit and according to the Virginia State Police website there is no requirement to change your address on your CHP when moving, though you can if you wish. My question is does my permit stay valid even though I am no longer a Virginia resident, and if so can I use the permit to freely concealed or open carry in Texas until the expiration date on my Virginia permit?Also in the case that the permit does remain valid until expiration does Texas have any sort of legal requirement for a resident to have a current address on a concealed carry license? I believe I can change the address on the Virginia Resident permit to an out of state address, but i'd rather avoid the fees and dealing with mailing the court, etc. I'd just rather avoid trouble with the law if I am using a Texas Drivers License that has a different address from a Virginia Resident CHP that I use to carry.Thanks! via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2hBnr4J

No comments:

Post a Comment