Thursday, August 17, 2017

Need help diagnosing a problem/deciding if I need a different carry gun.


Hi guys, so I've lurked reddit for over 10 years and finally made an account because I need your help. I recently got into firearms and purchased a new Kahr pm9 a couple months ago for concealed carry. Now, I don't mean to embarrass the company, as I have a great deal of respect for them and especially their customer service department, however, the gun has given me tons of problems.In brief, the gun experienced various failures to feed, failures to extract, magazine dropping, and the slide getting stuck during reassembly. This occurs with all types of ammo, and I've shot nearly 1500 rounds. It's already been sent to the manufacturer twice for repairs and after receiving it back today I fired 200 rounds of Federal HST 124gr +P. It had 3 failures to return to battery during which five shots were fired and the last one failed to feed and the slide was set 1/4 of an inch back. Then later, when cleaning the firearm, the recoil spring got stuck in the spring well during reassembly (I eventually got it unstuck).My question for you is, do I ask Kahr for a replacement or a refund? Any idea if the problem is with the gun, the user, or maybe a bad magazine?I've considered getting a Glock 26 or MP Shield. I'm a small guy (5' 5" and 115lbs) and have some reservations about the size of the glock, but really like its reliability, capacity, and manageable recoil. (The Glock 43 seems like it's the same size as the 26 but with fewer rounds). What are your opinions?TL;DR Kahr pm9 don't go bang. Should I just throw a P320 at the bad guys? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2i9CVNR

No comments:

Post a Comment