Friday, August 18, 2017

Looking for a second moderator, preferably in a US (ie, non-UK) time-zone.

I'm based in the UK with a normal day/night routine and as a result we often have dodgy/spam/bullshit posts up for many hours before I can get to removing them, depending on what time they are posted or how hungover I am.

I would like to get someone from an opposite timezone, maybe around the west coast of the US or similar (although any non-UK timezone would help, I think) to keep an eye on the sub and deal with the occasional rubbish.

It's not a fast-moving sub and the moderation isn't hard, checking for reports/shitposts once or twice a day would probably be enough, I just sleep through quite a few reports on shit-stirring posts that should probably be removed a lot sooner (looking at you, Mr. Can-I-Drive-My-Car-Into-Crowds-If-I'm-Scared).

Basically, if you'd like to help out just reply here and I'll probably just take a quick look through your history to make sure your not a complete asshole - partial assholes are fine, and are in fact preferred. Your personal tastes, politics, opinions and similar will not be a factor at all, I don't care what subs you choose to frequent, I just don't want any outright trolls, shills, rabble-rousers or sock-puppets.

I'll leave this post up for a few days before I send any invites out to let people have time to reply, just pop a comment below with your general location so I can get an idea of your timezone and I'll be in touch (or not, as the case may be).

No previous experience required, it's not rocket surgery.

Cheers.



Submitted August 18, 2017 at 06:25AM by 9inety9ine http://ift.tt/2wmn1F4

No comments:

Post a Comment