Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Ideas on Requesting Permission to Carry from Company President?


Pretty much like the text says, current employer prohibits carry even with a valid permit unless you receive written permission from the company president. While yes I could carry, I don't want to risk the income at this point by carrying anyways and run the risk of getting fired.I'm on fairly good terms with the company president, and am planning to talk with him and request said written permission.What ideas do y'all have for how I can frame this discussion for the highest probability of receiving a yes?Couple generic points that may be helpful:-In Iowa -I'm relatively new to carry, several years into firearms though and pretty knowledgeable, have read the state laws and all applicable parts of our company policy. -No formal weapons training outside of the CCW class (no live range time in class). I am planning to attend some professional handgun training soon, nothing booked yet. -Facility would be comically easy to breach from a physical security standpoint, only two main egress points so if someone did come in looking to do damage it would be difficult for a lot of people to get out.My current plan was to frame the discussion around our current lack of good physical security, happy to hear other ideas.Thanks all. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2wle6Eu

No comments:

Post a Comment