Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Hammer fired vs Striker which is more reliable?


I am bored so I thought I will start an argument so here goes, I am older (56) gentlemen (lol) so I on an emotional level trust hammer fired guns more than striker fired. I have always carried hammer fired and have only recently started using striker fired.I have as my house gun a SR45 which is striker fired and I have had no problems even with Freedom Munitions reman. Now I also have a Taurus 24/7 G2 in 9mm and in every 50 rounds at lest once or twice I have to use the second strike feature to get a round to go off, no matter which brand of 9mm be it Winchester white box, Freedom or federal.Now all my carry guns are hammer fired which has been the situation since I was in the Navy serving with John Paul Jones.Am I just a victim of a crappy cheap 9mm or is there something to this not fully trusting striker fired weapons. (note I keep a 12ga as a backup for my 45.) via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2w6dKz7

No comments:

Post a Comment