Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Getting started, only have two gun choices, both "bad" for CCW.


Hi everyone, just put in my application for a CCW today (VA).I took a CCW class last weekend and I have been doing a lot of research on my own, some of which has me questioning my plan.My original plan was to carry my P08 Luger (it was a college graduation gift) in a shoulder holster. I almost always wear a leather vest (yes, regardless of weather) and a shoulder rig would be ideal for both a quick draw and concealment.However, after shooting the Luger for a while, I've found that I don't like the sights on it. They are just too small, and I can just imagine that in a stressful situation I would have difficulty aiming. Yes, I realise that I can train with it more and deal with it that way, but let's put that aside for now. I addition to that I was wondering if anyone with a concealed carry permit that ended up in court (for whatever reason) was judged for their weapon preference? Its a 1916 WWI Luger, but I know most uninformed people will see a Luger and think I'm some kind of Nazi, especially because I shave my head.My only other handgun is a Mk.IV Webley in .38 S&W. I bought this gun several years ago at a gun show. I wasn't even thinking about concealed carrying it because it has no safety of any kind. That said I've put more rounds through it than the Luger and I like the feel of it. It's lighter and it has nice big and chunky sights that I find easy to aim with. I also already have a DIY shoulder rig I made for the Webley.Putting aside the lack of a safety issue the other issue with the Webley is the cost of .38 S&W compared to 9mm. From everything I've read about CCW the past few weeks the gun you carry, should be the one you train with. And seeing as how I can't afford a new gun at the moment ammo cost is something of a concern.TL,DR: I am a poor College grad, and only have a P08 Luger and a Mk IV Webley (that has no safety) to CCW with was looking for feedback on which one (if any) to use.Also open to suggestions for more modern revolvers to look at for purchasing later when I have money. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2vhhDzT

No comments:

Post a Comment