Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Florida OWB CCW raised in another recent thread. +someone evaluate range performance?


There's a recent thread with someone asking if OWB concealment is possible, and they mentioned they live in Florida. A few posters came along and mentioned that they wouldn't risk OWB concealment in Florida because open carry is illegal.I'm not trying to be argumentative at all, as I am admittedly ignorant on the laws and new to shooting. Merely looking for more in depth information about this subject, because I too currently live in FL. I just don't see how a cover garment over an OWB holster could be considered as skating the line of the law, or even blatantly open carrying. I think it was /u/southernbenz that mentioned this, and one or two more.I myself am looking to OWB conceal (with a tighter riding/slimmer OWB) in FL, but if it's something that is widely agreed upon that you shouldn't risk, I will re evaluate. I don't have my CCW yet as I've been training for a couple months until I deem myself adequate, rather than buying a gun and immediately carrying. So I have time to learn the laws and specifics before the time comes.About someone judging my performance, I went to the range yesterday. Any feedback is welcome. Think I'm far off from being a good enough shot to carry? Or am I being too hard on myself? This was at 15 yards, and all shots were aimed at the middle of the triangle, 9mm. http://ift.tt/2xtJei3 via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2wzxMot

No comments:

Post a Comment