Saturday, August 5, 2017

Beating myself up over a dumb mistake.


Before you ask, no I didn't shoot myself or anyone else. I accidentally prolonged the already 90-120 day Oklahoma wait time for my license. Here's my story of stupidity.So I get home from work the other day and find a slip that they tried to deliver a letter while I wasn't home. It was marked as certified mail, so at this point I'm thinking either I'm in trouble with the IRS or my carry license is waiting for me at the post office.The next day I go to the post office and pick up my letter. "Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation." What a tease it was. I get back to the car, open it up. "You have failed to answer a question on your SDA application."...............So let me explain myself. In my younger, stupider days, I got myself two DUIs. There's a question on the application that asks if you've had two or more DUIs with the most recent being within 3 years. At the time I was filling out my application, it was 2 years and 11 months since my last DUI. I was faced with a choice of either get all my paperwork from the last DUI together and check yes or wait it out a month. While deciding between the two, I left the question blank.I decided to just wait an extra month before turning it in because it would likely lower the probability of getting rejected. So there's an extra 30 days added already.But guess what I did. I never circled no. I left it blank. Got all my things together and turned in my app without circling no.So they sent me a letter and I had to answer the question on the letter and fax it back to them. I don't know how much longer it will take at this point. Hopefully not long. 109 days and counting.. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2uunu3u

No comments:

Post a Comment