Saturday, January 6, 2018

What are good resources for learning to use an ASP baton effectively short of a class?

I carry one, but also admit to not REALLY knowing how to use it. I work with the disabled, and you would be very surprised how many people choose to fuck with disabled people while out and about. Especially when their caregiver looks away for a second.

So, i carry an ASP. I practice with it plenty when i'm bored, but that's just target practice. Flicking it out quickly, and hitting small targets accurately. Random beer cans and such, seeing if i can extend it and hit one dead on in one smooth motion. I'm pretty good at that.

And having a stick to hit someone with > not having a stick to hit someone with.

I guess my general method would be go for the knees to get them on the ground, but that's just guesswork. There's no room for guesswork in self defense.

So, what are the best (free) resources to learn to use this as effectively as possible? I've come close to needing it a few times, but have been able to make the person leave by other means, and the one time i extended it, had the person run upon seeing it. That's just getting lucky though, so i'd like to be prepared when my luck runs out.



Submitted January 06, 2018 at 01:12AM by 13thmurder http://ift.tt/2Ebxhk8

No comments:

Post a Comment