Thursday, January 4, 2018

Bernie Goetz- positive or negative impact on ccw in NYC/nationwide


Hello all! I don't really expect this to get much traction, but I'm writing a college essay on Bernie Goetz, a man that in 1984 shot 4 African American youths while riding a subway. He shot them in self defense but then fled the scene and went MIA for a few days before he turned himself in. He purchased the firearm in Florida but his application for concealed carry was ultimately rejected. He had been mugged and beaten up previously.I''m torn between how I feel on whether or not this event was a turning point for guns rights or if it was a detriment or a black mark on the position and affected future legislation. I'm just doing research today but I'm interested in having a conversation with anyone who could provide more insight. Unfortunately, I was not alive in 1984 nor have I been to NYC, so I can't really comment on crime or the overall feeling of disparity that many people must have been feeling during the crimes that plagued the city. But, I'm an active shooter and permit holder and I have felt the brunt of legalities.Thank you in advance! I'll check this post regularly and respond! via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2Co53lT

No comments:

Post a Comment