Thursday, December 1, 2016

Need Help Making a Final Decision on my CCW Firearm


Hey folks, just like the title says.For some background, I'll be taking my CHL course within the next month (while I'm home for Christmas break) and I still need to tell my parents what gun I want for Christmas. I've gone back and forth on a number of different ones and know some things for sure. First, I definitely want something small. I'm not looking to make my first carry firearm a 1911 or something equally large. I understand that a lot of people do it with a great deal of success, but I don't really want my first carry to be something so difficult to manage.I'm also fairly certain I want my first carry to be 9mm. I know that .45 ACP has more stopping power, but since this is both my first carry and my first firearm, I want something that I can take to the range and send a lot of lead through on a college budget. Ultimately I'll probably get something in .45, but for the moment I'm pretty set on a 9mm. I'm also left handed, if that makes a significant difference. I know a lot of left/right-handed can be solved by being familiar with your firearm.I've held a few and shot a few and liked a few. I thought for a while I wanted a Springfield XD(M) because I like the idea of a grip safety, but after having shot it in .45, I'm not sure. My sister suggested that a Glock 43 might be good, both for its size and potentially for its resale value, should I dislike it. I haven't had the opportunity to fire it yet. It fits the bill for size, caliber, and cost. My sister has a Glock 19 Gen 3 and I love it, so I suspect that the G43 will work, but I need that final push.So, /r/CCW, what do you think? Do I take the plunge and go for a gun I've never fired let alone held? Owners of the G43, how do you feel about? Be brutal, I want the pros and cons. Everyone else, what other recommendations do you have? I've fired the LC9S, Shield, Nano, XDS, XD(M), and others. Thanks everybody. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2gSqbW2

No comments:

Post a Comment