Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Bad experience with magguts kit


I asked for, and got the +1 magguts spring and follower kit for my M&P Shield 9 this christmas. I read over the instructions and watched the youtube video on installation and installed it this morning. I racked the slide through a few magazines to see that it was feeding fine. No issues at the desk.Before today, I have had about 500 rounds through my Shield so far without a single malfunction. I put 200 rounds through the gun today, on the same magazine, each time loading the gun with 8+1. The very first mag had a failure to load. The second mag stove piped. Then I shot another 150 or so rounds without issue. Then I had two more stove pipes back to back. I don't think any of them were on first or last rounds either. I was shooting a mix of Federal HST 147gr and Remington and Winchester white box 115gr JHP. I was hoping it was just a couple issues for the spring to seat and break in, but I'm not going to waste any more ammo jamming my gun up with this thing. I'm not even close to confident enough to carry the magguts kit. I'm pretty sure it's installed correctly, not sure what else to do with it. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2hva85x

No comments:

Post a Comment