Friday, December 30, 2016

Arizona Here- Buying My 1st Handgun Tomorrow. A Few Questions( AZ LEOs, please help)


So I live in the greater Phoenix, Arizona area. As a lot of you probably know, Arizona doesn't require any sort of permit to carry concealed. However, it has been brought to my attention that federal law prohibits carrying a firearm within 1000 feet of any school UNLESS you have your ccw permit. Being Phoenix, lots of schools. I called a popular gun shop/range today and the young man was very nice and helpful, but even he said that carrying a handgun while DRIVING on a MAIN ROAD past a school is a "grey area". From what I read on the internet briefly, it doesn't matter if you are going onto school grounds or just driving on a public road, if you are within 1000ft with no CCW permit, you are in violation.I plan to take my CCW course the first week of our upcoming new year. I have been working overseas for the past 4 years and just returned and am honestly itching to buy. Should I just wait and buy model I plan on buying the day of the 4 hour CCW course? Its only another week or so until the next CCW course, but as I said, really wanting to buy tomorrow. If I lock the plastic case that the S&W MP 9mm comes with ( gun I plan on buying), am I okay with it in the trunk of a car, driving through a school zone on a public road?Sorry for the winded and long question.tl;dr- AZ state here- Can I transport a handgun concealed on body and/or locked in a carry case on a public road that goes right by a school ( 1000ft of school Fed Law, worried)Thanks for all the help folks.TT via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2iLRWVB

No comments:

Post a Comment