Saturday, December 31, 2016

In 1999 cops drew their guns on me and my high school friends for no good reason. Were they negligent?


So in 99 I was with 2 friends driving to my house in a truck. Cops pulled in front of us on my residential street, blocking our passage with their lights flashing. We stopped of course.2 cops jumped out and immediately drew their pistols and aimed at us, telling us to put up our hands. We were like wtf? But in hindsight I don't think any of us thought it was a big deal.The reason? The cops thought we were going to or coming from a large noisy outdoor house party a couple blocks away.They let us go no worse for wear, except for having fucking guns pointed at us.Like I said, I never thought it was some huge travesty or risky event. But looking back I feel lucky the cops didn't negligently shoot one of us. And it's fucking bullshit the way they drew their fucking guns on us for no good reason.What do you think? Were the cops in the wrong? Nothing serious occurred at the party either because it continued on. Not like there was a shooting or something cuz the party didn't get broken up. The cops were just having fun, pointing their guns at kids. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2iukbaD

No comments:

Post a Comment