Saturday, December 31, 2016

Thinking about adding a laser/light to my CCWs


Disclaimer: This post can be highly triggering, may cause literal shaking, as it may not validate what you're doing and have been taught.For the past few days I've been watching the First Person Defender series on YouTube. The show is sponsered by companies like Remington, Taurus, Ruger, Nosler, and Crimson Trace. Honestly, the advertising is worse that Taurus' and Kimber's advertising in the monthly NRA magazines. The shows takes people with varying levels of firearms and training and puts them in scenarios that have happened. After the first scenario there is a little instruction and then scenario is ran again with a variation.I've never given much thought to lasers as I was trained to find the front sights. I thought lasers were gimmicks but I did see the value of a light for home defense so I put a TLR1s on my nightstand G17. After slowly being indoctrinated by Crimson Trace via their product placement in the First Person Defender series.This one specific scenario is having me reconsider about adding a laser to my G17 and putting a laser/light on my CCWs. In the scenario the good guy is able to focus on the bad guy's hands while keeping the gun pointed at center mass via the laser.Other than Crimson Trace, what other laser/light combos are out there? I know there is Streamlight TLR 2/4/6. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2isPHpk

No comments:

Post a Comment