Saturday, December 24, 2016

Pulled over while carrying last night.


Well the inevitable finally happened to me at about 11:30 pm last night. The circumstances are irrelevant but I was definitely speeding and 100% deserved a ticket. This is what happened.So I have a GA WCL and I was pulled over in NC (with whom we have reciprocity) for going 58 in a 35. GA has no duty to inform but NC does. So Mr. Sheriffs deputy flips his lights and I pulled into an elementary school parking lot. I turned off my car and turned on the dome light so mr SD could see the inside of the car.SD: good evening how are you?Me: I'm alrightSD: I clocked you at 58 back thereMe: yeah.... that's about rightSD: ok. I'm not gonna give you a ticket or nothin but can I see your ID?Me: sure. But I have a GA wcl bc I live in ga and-SD: do you have your weapon with you?Me: yes, it's in my purse in the same spot as my wallet with my license so what do-SD: alright thanks for letting me know. I don't much like surprises. Go ahead and get your ID then for me.Me: digging around purse for wallet yeah that seems to be the general consensus from what I've heard.I keep my gun in my purse when I wear leggings bc they won't support a holster, otherwise I appendix carry. Gotta look cute ya know? But also gotta carry too ya know? So I handed him my drivers license along with my carry license and he took them both and went back to his cop car to do whatever it is cops do. A few minutes later he returned with a written warning and wished me a merry Christmas and told me that the speed limit was about to drop even more and to be more attentive to it. I thanked him and drove the whole rest of the way to my destination at or under the speed limit.I 100% deserved a ticket for that so I was really glad and surprised that he only gave me a warning. I think the out of state tags during the holiday weekend likely had something to do with it. I was also really glad that he was so chill about the whole thing. I know each cop is going to handle that situation differently but I was very grateful he didn't make a huge deal about it. After I got my carry license I read up on a bunch of posts of what people say you should do during this scenario which I think was very good advice. Like turning off the car rather than just putting it in park, and turning on the dome lights so he can see inside, waiting until he knows about my weapon before I go for my ID so I can do it how he would prefer. So thank you, Reddit, for the advice. You pulled through on this one. Clearly my getting a warning rather than a ticket was completely unrelated to the fact that I was carrying, but I really think yalls advice made it go much smoother.10/10 would pull over again. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2i4ltX4

No comments:

Post a Comment