Saturday, December 31, 2016

Has anyone managed to obtain their concealed carry permit despite having a criminal history? (PA)


I'm 38. When I was 22 I got charged with possession of a controlled substance (possession of a controlled prescription medicine without a prescription). This hasn't kept me from obtaining a nursing license or being employed as a nurse. The school only required that I describe the incident and no employer has viewed it as a reason to not employ me. I have been working as a licensed nurse for 5 years and have had no legal issues since that one time in 2000. On my CC application it said a permit can't be issued to someone who has had such a charge in their past. What I'm wondering is if anyone has gotten their permit despite having similar problems? Should I just apply anyway and then file an appeal with a lawyer or should I seek to have the charge pardoned or expunged first? I'm fairly certain PA does not expunge records for possession but maybe there is a loophole or workaround? Any advice would be appreciated. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2iRZS3n

No comments:

Post a Comment