
I noticed several posts about carrying, traveling through, and reciprocity with IL. I am passing through a small part of Illinois on my way to Wisconsin this week, and am going to carry. I have done it before.Per Handgunlaw.us (LINK), "Illinois does not honor any other states Permit/License." That's bad.However...430 ILCS 66/40 (e) Nothing in this Act shall prohibit a non-resident from transporting a concealed firearm within his or her vehicle in Illinois, if the concealed firearm remains within his or her vehicle and the non-resident: (1) is not prohibited from owning or possessing a firearm under federal law; (2) is eligible to carry a firearm in public under the laws of his or her state or territory of residence, as evidenced by the possession of a concealed carry license or permit issued by his or her state of residence, if applicable; and (3) is not in possession of a license under this Act. If the non-resident leaves his or her vehicle unattended, he or she shall store the firearm within a locked vehicle or locked container within the vehicle in accordance with subsection (b) of Section 65 of this Act. (Source: P.A. 98-63, eff. 7-9-13.)IANAL, but to me, that means that if I am permitted in another state, I can carry as long as I don't leave my car while doing so.Trust me, I won't get out of the car unless my life depends on it! via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2jAy8Wj
No comments:
Post a Comment