Saturday, September 23, 2017

Problems with new M&P Shield


I have a FS M&P9 CORE but can't successfully conceal it so I ended up getting a Shield 9mm so I wouldn't use that as an excuse not to carry. I've run into some things I consider to be issues, especially with respect to building my confidence in a gun I plan on carrying and would like some input on the situation.Took it to the range on Wednesday and was having issues where the slide would intermittently get stuck rearward requiring me to smack the slide with my support hand to get it to move forward. The slide was stuck past the slide stop and the barrel did not have the "wiggle" that you would normally see if the slide were locked to the rear normally.In researching the issue it was suggested that a good cleaning and lubrication might alleviate the issue. In field stripping the shield I noticed that their was considerable friction when sliding the slide forward, significantly more than is on my FS M&P 9. It feels like trigger block (?) is low or angled downward causing the slide to ride on the frame as it comes forward. Cleaning and lubing the rails did not change this.Lastly, while cleaning, I noticed that my striker block does not appear to be functioning. Maybe I am mistake as to how they function but this behavior is not seen on my FS M&P 9 either.All of these issues combined have left me quite apprehensive about carrying this gun. Maybe I simply need to put more rounds through it to allow for break-in but as I never experienced these issues with my other M&P I don't really consider these things to be normal.Appreciate your feedback on the above as I work towards being a responsible carrying citizen. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2yjO1Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment