Friday, September 22, 2017

+P vs Standard Pressure 9mm


For those of you who carry 9mm, do you carry +P or standard pressure? I personally carry 124gr Gold Dot standard pressure, but it seems like most people here carry +P. I have seen the reports that +P can sometimes have better expansion, particularly through short barreled guns, but to me it is not worth having a round that recoils differently than my practice ammo. From behind the trigger, I can't tell the difference between my carry round and Winchester white box, and I love that continuity. These days, it seems like 40 S&W gets a lot of internet ridicule, but many of the people who say 40 has no advantage shoot hopped up 9mm that behaves like a high pressure round. Either you believe that handgun stopping power is a myth, or you don't. If it's a myth, than the expansion you get from a proven standard pressure 9mm should be totally adequate. Sorry for the rambling, and I'm curious to hear people's thoughts on this. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2xZnIpy

No comments:

Post a Comment