Friday, September 29, 2017

Advice for a taxi driver new to CCW


I was recently approved for my permit and received it in the mail! I was raised around firearms for sports shooting but nobody close to me regularly carries as far as I know. I'm also employed as a taxi driver, which I'm sure you know has inherent risks especially during the night shift, which I also predominantly work. I've taken safety courses and basic self defense classes with little mention of vehicle defense.Fortunately my boss is very pro 2A and completely approves of personal protection. I'd like some advice on what might work best as far as carry position, weapon choice, etc. I spend 8 hours or more in a vehicle at a time, and it's been difficult to find much information online about a situation like this.I own a full sized 9mm and a micro 380, I have proper iwb holsters for both and a sturdy belt. I have next to no experience with carrying much less in a confined space like that. Concealment is only important to me while I'm in the car with passengers, because I live in a liberal area and don't want to make the customers uncomfortable. Not too concerned about printing elsewhere.I'm open to any suggestions about how to best defend myself and definitely appreciate it! I do love my job though and have no plans to quit anytime soon... via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2ydagyy

No comments:

Post a Comment