Friday, September 22, 2017

Would like some clarification on interstate travel through Illinois (with an Ohio CC permit).


I'm going to be taking a trip down to Arkansas from Ohio tomorrow and on the way home I will be passing through Illinois (not Chicago). I have an Ohio concealed carry permit. It seems that there is reciprocity between Ohio and the other states I will be traveling through (Kentucky, Missouri, Arkansas, Indiana) but I've seen some differing statements about Illinois.From what I've read, it appears that with my Ohio CC permit I'm able to keep my pistol loaded in my car, but cannot carry it with me once I'm out of the car and must also unload and lock it up while I'm away. Is this correct? I ask because I've seen some other statements indicating that the loaded magazine must be separate from the gun itself even while inside a vehicle.Would it be a better bet to just unload the gun, lock it up, and not make any stops while going through Illinois? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2wckj1Y

No comments:

Post a Comment