Wednesday, September 27, 2017

TX DPS Rant


My dad and I took the class together and both submitted our paperwork on 8/5/17. I did my fingerprints on 8/7/17 and my dad did his towards the end of the week on 8/10 or 8/11. Within days my dad was able to access a list of what documents he had submitted, which ones had been approved, what the status of his license was, etc. I was not able to access this list. About a week after doing his fingerprints my dad received a letter requesting more information due to his place of birth. He submitted this information and received his license in the mail about a week later. I still could not access my license status or list of submitted documents. I emailed the DPS several times over the weeks since then and got the word-for-word same response each time - "Your license is being processed. If we need further information we will contact you by mail." Finally, today, 51 days after I submitted all of my documentation, the online application status portal became available to me and it showed that one of my documents had been rejected. I called and explained why the document looked the way it did and they told me that I needed to put the explanation in writing and have it notarized and that would be acceptable. When I contested that by the time I finished this process, it was accepted by somebody there and the license was finally mailed to me it would surely have passed their 60 day requirement, they informed me that since they require more information the deadline is extended 180 days starting at the time I submit the extra documentation.Obviously this is super worrisome to me since they already waited 51 days to even look at my original application, why should I believe that they won't wait just as long to look at the extra documentation? Not to mention, it's not a required document; it's just a written explanation of why one of the required documents is the way it is. It shouldn't count towards resetting the time limit and especially not towards giving them another six months just to look at it.I guess what really erks me about the whole process is that they really did require extra documents from my dad, but they informed him of that super quickly and then finished processing his application super quickly after he submitted them, yet here I am very near two months after submitting my application and they just now looked at my application for the first time, even though they charged me the fee two months ago when I applied.Fuck the DPS. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2y9f1sW

No comments:

Post a Comment