Sunday, September 24, 2017

Are retention holsters bad for training the draw stroke.


So I'm looking for my first carry holster. It's already big coat cold here, and I'm not exactly ready to stuff a gun down my pants, so it's OWB for me (it will ask be good for range practice). I've decided on the Safariland 7378 for a number of reasons - but mainly because it can be molded for use with a light, but still train the gun without it attached (I won't get a light for a little bit, but I'd rather not get two holsters.All that said, it does have a thumb activated retention switch (the "ALS" type). Its pretty intuitive/not needing am odd grip, but I'm wondering if this will build bad habits in a new gun owner. if I train with it a lot, will it cause an odd draw stroke, specific to the holster, not easily transferable to other models/positions? Or should I be fine? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2fJELkH

No comments:

Post a Comment