Monday, September 25, 2017

Alternatives to the NRA basic pistol course?


I'm going to be traveling to Maine a lot over the next few years and I'm looking into applying for a Maine non-resident CCW license. The license application requires "proof of inowledge of handgun safety" which, from what I've read, most people satisfy by taking the NRA basic pistol course. The course, again from what I've read, is very bare bones, designed more for people brand new to guns than for people who grew up shooting.I'm familiar with firearms and have been shooting handguns since I was 12, I have an NJFPID and own several firearms myself. I'm well versed in firearm and handgun safety. I'd really rather not spend 200 dollars to sit in a classroom for an entire day to learn basic firearm rules that I already know.My question is whether there is a cheaper and less time consuming alternative to the NRA course, more suited to experienced shooters, that will still fulfill the licensing requirement? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2ypsBo1

No comments:

Post a Comment