Monday, September 25, 2017

Back to the holster drawing board


Im trying to the find the silver lining with this holster situation but its becoming increasingly more difficult. I am 6'2 275lb and I usually where at 3:30-4 depending on the holster type and I used to carry a shield but moved up to the G19. I also like to keep my cant at a hard 30 degree. My experience so far:Started with the Aliengear 3.0 for my shield. Holster felt ok but I hated that it was so hard to pull it out with the clips. I tried and tried and tried but constantly had issues putting it on and taking it off my belt. Returned.Switched to a Vedder lighttuck for the shield and loved it except for the barrel end was digging into my hip bad. I put a neoprene pad on the end and problem solved. I took it to Vegas and wore it a lot and started having retention issues and wouldnt stay very tight. Sold with gun.Sold the shield and bought a G19First holster was a SG Revolution. Thought I would try hybrid again. Surprisingly it felt good. Taking it off and on was a pain like the AG but the comfort level was great. I tried to adjust the cant and ripped the backing trying to tighten it back up. Returned.Figured I'd go back to kydex so I bought a Dara. Not a bad holster but I run into the holster staying put. The clip is huge and it has very little grab on the belt and my draw practicing would bring the holster out with it. Its also worth stating that the clip in the position I want is always trying to ride on my belt loop. Returning.So I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. I really dont want to jump into the $100 price range with this (wife would be pissed). Hybrid give me a hard time taking off and on but feel more comfortable and kydex is super easy to on/off but difficulty with belt holding and retention are concerns. What to do. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2huKDyp

No comments:

Post a Comment