Friday, September 1, 2017

Hurricane Harvey 30.06, 30.07 (means weapons possession=Trespassing in Texas) at the shelter...did not comply...


So, like many in South Texas...I've had a hell of a week. Water breached my apartment and I was rescued by some awesome volunteers in s flat bottom boat. I had my dog and two bags. I didn't know for sure I would find a shelter that would allow me and my dog to stay together, and separating was not an option for me.As I prepared to leave my house, Not knowing I'd be in a shelter or outside, I packed only 3 days of supplies...cloths, food, water...for me and my dog. And for safety, a Glock 19 in my bag and a LCP II on my hip.By great luck I was taken to a shelter in a church that was not FEMA or Red Cross, but just a local church trying to help by taking in all People and pets.Only problem is the church had 30.06 and 30.07 signs posted. So now I instantly feel guilty, because here is this awesome community sat the church taking me in when I really needed it. And here I am about to violate their rules.So what did I do...the LCPII stayed on my hip the entire time. So small and light, nobody would ever know. And I'm glad I did...I never needed it? But tensions were high and people were really on edge and it could have gotten really ugly at any time.So the Glock 19 was a little more concerning. I certainly didn't want to Conceal it for multiple days and never take it off. I also didn' t want to try to maintain positive control over the bag the entire time. So when I got a chance and was alone in the bathroom, I disassembled the Glock and I put the barrel in my pocket.What would you do? I usually obey these signs, but in this case just keep it to yourself and carry on...IMOTLDR Hurricane/Flood victim evacuated to a church with no weapons signs. Carried LCPII, but disassembled G19 so I could safely keep it in my backpack..glad I did even though it was not used of course. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2goplSp

No comments:

Post a Comment