Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Argument with my BIL who is a marine


I had my brother in law over for the fourth and ended up getting in a friendly argument about guns. He did three tours in iraq as infantry before being honorably discharged. He believes that there is no reason for Americans to carry guns and that we are all just afraid of death. I explained that it is the last resort of defense and that I would only carry because of that one split second where you might need it. He laughed it off and referenced a simpsons episode where someones phone prevents tigers from attacking. The evening went great and then he pulls his deisel truck up to load up his things. I asked him what size engine his truck had. He said "6.something diesel". I said "wow that must be able to tow at least 5 of your boats combined" he said "yeah probably" I said "well then you must drive up mountains to get to work or go offroading frequently." "no" He said. " O, so you just have this truck with this big of an engine and transmission just in case of that off chance that you might need it, huh?" via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2sKJSVE

No comments:

Post a Comment