Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Moving to South Carolina, need recommendations for winter OWB holster and Summer either IWB or OWB holster. General Summer Hot/Humid carrying advise needed clothing is OWB possible or IWB needed?


I need OWB for P320c for winter months and was thinking of getting 2 AlienGears OWB slides for a couple pistols. Anyone OWB carry? I have carried that w the included Sig holster because I wear a leather concealment/CCW type vest over it (highly recommend it, pockets great for 2nd pistol, for driving access possibility if needed, or for comfort in movies, places for extra mags, cuffs, light etc) but perhaps want to get something else to try that is not too expensive. Ideally, holsters under $60. Moving to South Carolina, thinking OWB P320c 5 coldest months, and not sure if IWB or OWB for most likely S&W 9c or perhaps XD Mod 2 3" the 7 hot months. I am 5'11" 230 lbs.I prefer speed to OWB and dressing around it, have never worn IWB before. 3 o'clock hip. Not sure if summer humidity heat I can get away with wife beater, and a xx large dark Hawaiian type shirt I bought that am planning on having 2 washers or quarters sewn in to the fronts of both sides so can easy swing open on draw like I do with Vest in the winter.If it is too hot for that, not sure if can OWB slide type a Smith 9c, without ever exposing it, just by wearing size up xxl dark T-shirt in summer, or if will need to get an IWB (apparently for hot humid Stealthgear IWB is preferred to AlienGear)? I didn't worry too much about the possible exposing of a holster bottom before because was in an open carry state (and black holsters/black leather vest it all blends together and I am mindful about bending down in a store), and as of right now SC is not unless constitutional carry passes the Senate.If anyone has any particular recommendations for these pistols, holsters on the cheaper side, good gun belt, etc say under $60 I would appreciate it.If anyone in hotter/humid states can suggest how you carry in summer iwb/owb and how you dress accordingly would appreciate the advise. On hottest or going to beach days, what about 380 ready offside front pocket, while a 9 sits in strong side military cargo shorts pocket (obviously, slower to get to, but there if you have time to bring the bigger boy/bore out).I was also looking at CompTac QB holster because seems like a good company, $50, generic-ish holsters, one of theirs would fit both my Sig and Springfield....not sure if they are concealable enough though or how good a multi fit various pistols a holster can be?Is AlienGear OWB belt slide ok? Stealthgear Revolution good for hot humid summers if I decide to try IWB (this would require a new pair of military type cargo shorts most likely)? Any other recommendations? Side question for SC residents...from what I can tell, legal even without CWP while I wait to carry in center console even if just one of the cheap type cd ones right-as long as closed unlocked, similar by law to a glove box right? And trunk long gun also ok (or even in car under blanket from what I am reading right....car carry is mostly referring to pistols by statutes-not sure if will buy truck or car is why asking). Hoping when I pay $5 to get printed for SC CWP, I can get them to take another $5 to do the print cards for an AZ application that I already have, as that will likely get processed quicker. thanks via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2vZCtDK

No comments:

Post a Comment